Who We Are
InterAccess is an art gallery, educational facility and production studio dedicated to the creative use of technology, electronic art and new media culture.
Our programs support art forms that integrate new technologies from conception and development to exhibition and discussion. We explore the impact of technology on the social, political and cultural aspects of contemporary life, and encourage audiences to see anew their relationships with interactive artworks.
Our mission is to expand the cultural space of technology.
We provide a public forum for the development of practices involving interactivity, networked and remote connection, and the interface of the physical and the virtual. We provide diverse year-round public programming, including:
- Exhibitions and events (live music and performance)
- Hands-on workshops (intro to advanced)
- Professional development and teacher training
- Free weekly drop-in Open Studio
- Artist talks and panel discussions
- Documentation through video and publication
- Partnerships and special projects
- Annual support for the InterAccess Media Arts Award through OCAD University
Hybrid forms and experimental research are central to our vision.
We collaborate with local and international organizations, including (past and present) MaRS Discovery District, Google, HOLO Magazine, V2_Institute for the Unstable Media, Eyebeam, Rhizome, the Images Festival, Year01, the Design Exchange, The Power Plant, OCAD University, Toronto District School Board, Google, and the South Asian Visual Arts Centre. These collaborations allow us to exchange ideas, cultivate new perspectives, and further expand the media art practice.