Our current employment and Volunteer opportunities are posted below.
Vector Festival 2018 Volunteers
Each year vector is made possible with the help of a team of enthusiastic, technologically-curious volunteers. If you’d like to get involved fill out this form!
The deadline to sign-up is June 20th, 2018 at noon.
Please note that a volunteer orientation will be held at InterAccess (at 950 Dupont St.) on Saturday, June 23rd, from 3pm-4pm.
InterAccess is seeking workshop proposals from members of the art and technology communities. In recent years, our workshops have focused on building skills in contemporary new media art techniques including electronics, robotics, microcontrollers, and creative coding. For a larger list of recent programming, see InterAccess’ past events here. InterAccess aims to to offer educational programming that is timely, relevant, comprehensive, and delivered by excellent instructors.
About Our Workshop Formats:
Most of our workshops assume that students have minimal prior knowledge of the tool or subject being taught. Where workshops require prerequisite knowledge, we generally offer that knowledge in a separate workshop or workshop series offered prior to the advanced level workshop.
Workshop proposals may be one of the following formats:
- Weekday evening workshops are 3 hours long
- Weekend workshops can run on either/both Saturday/Sunday, and are can range from 3 - 6hrs per day
- Longer, multi-week courses may be proposed as well
InterAccess’ base instructor pay is $40/hr, with a 3-hour minimum workshop format.
Workshop pricing varies according to number of hours of instruction and materials required. For instructors, InterAccess provides support in the course development process and in-class. Instructors are contracted under InterAccess’ hiring policies.
Ideal Workshop Proposals:
- Will focus on a contemporary skill set in new media or electronic art
- Allow for hands-on instruction
- Make use of the facilities, tools, and equipment already available to InterAccess
- Require minimal equipment purchase by individual students
- Compliment programming already offered by InterAccess
- Have a qualified instructor with relevant experience in the subject matter being taught
Workshops in any topic will be considered. However, InterAccess is currently actively seeking instructors with experience in:
- Mobile App development
- Audio and sound techniques
- Robotics, kinetics
- Networked art projects
Please send an outline of your proposed workshop and a CV to our Education department. PDF format is preferred.
Interested Volunteers for short-term or special projects may send an introductory email to our Programming Coordiantor.