Our current employment and Volunteer opportunities are posted below.
Digital Communications Assistant
InterAccess is currently hiring a Digital Communications Assistant to support Vector Festival 2020. This is a part-time seven week contract position, expected to begin June 29th, 2020. The position is available to applicants who meet the Canada Summer Jobs eligibility criteria. The full job description is available here.
InterAccess is seeking workshop proposals from members of the art and technology communities. In recent years, our workshops have focused on building skills in contemporary new media art techniques including electronics, robotics, microcontrollers, and creative coding. For a larger list of recent programming, see InterAccess’s past events here. InterAccess aims to offer educational programming that is timely, relevant, comprehensive, and delivered by excellent instructors.
About Our Workshop Formats:
Most of our workshops assume that students have minimal prior knowledge of the tool or subject being taught. Where workshops require prerequisite knowledge, we generally offer that knowledge in a separate workshop or workshop series offered prior to the advanced level workshop.
Workshop proposals may be one of the following formats:
- Online Workshops (on Zoom)
- Weekday evening workshops are 2 to 3 hours long
- Longer, multi-week courses may be proposed as well
InterAccess’s base instructor pay is $40/hr, with a 3-hour minimum workshop format.
Workshop pricing varies according to number of hours of instruction and materials required. For instructors, InterAccess provides support in the course development process and in-class.
Ideal Workshop Proposals:
- Focus on a contemporary skill set in new media or electronic art
- Allow for hands-on instruction
- Make use of the facilities, tools, and equipment already available at InterAccess
- Require minimal equipment purchase by individual students
- Compliment programming already offered by InterAccess
- Delivered by a qualified instructor with relevant experience in the subject matter being taught
Workshops in any topic will be considered. However InterAccess is currently seeking instructors for online or in-person workshops that explore the following areas of media arts practice:
- Code-based/generative platforms
- Video game/machinima
- Bio art
- Machine learning
- Experimental sound
- Interactive storytelling
- 3D mapping
Interested Volunteers for short-term or special projects may send an introductory email to our Programming Coordinator.