Every Wednesday | 6—9pm (EST)
In-person at InterAccess
As a part of our Open Studio programming, we offer a mix of weekly training and support sessions from a roster of Instructors. You can express interest in and request support for a specific session using our studio form. There will also be occasional events and openings! You can find the full list of 2022 Open Studio programming here on our public calendar or below as follows:
June 1: Welcome Back Open Studio Social!
June 8: Artist talk by Spatial-esk
June 15: Electronics, Through-hole, and Surface Mount Soldering
June 22: No Open Studio This Week
June 29: Wood Working
July 6: Open Studio
July 13: XR and Digital Media
July 20: Bio Art
July 27: 3D Printing
August 3: Milling Machine and Metal Lathe
August 10: Laser Cutting
August 17: Electronics and Arduino
August 24: No Open Studio This Week
August 31: Wood Working + Through-hole and Surface Mount Soldering
September 7: General Open Studio
Septemeber 14: Bio Art
September 21: XR and Digital Media
Septemeber 28: 3D Printing
October 5: Milling Machine and Metal Lathe
October 12: Laser Cutting
October 19: General Open Studio
October 26: Electronics, Through-hole, and Surface Mount Soldering
Novemeber 2: Wood Working
Novemeber 9: Bio Art
Novemeber 16: XR and Digital Media
Novemeber 23: 3D Printing
Novemeber 30: Milling Machine and Metal Lathe
Decemeber 7: Laser Cutting
Decemeber 14: Season Ending Open Studio Social
If you are interested in a training but cannot make any of the available dates please contact email@example.com and we will do our best to asisst you.
Our 800-square-foot shared production studio at 950 Dupont St. is a space for artists working with emerging and digital practices. The InterAccess Studio provides 24/7 access to electronics work space, tools for machining and fabrication, and a variety of old electronics for use or salvage. The studio is a great place to learn new technical skills and produce work in a community that values critical approaches to working at the intersection of art and technology.
The Studio is the cornerstone of our services and is where learning, art, and community thrive. We offer different types of studio access passes to suit your needs.
Learn more about becoming a member in the "Studio Membership Signup" section below.
Studio Safety Guidelines
All members using the studio must adhere to the following safety measures:
• Practice proper hand hygiene, including washing your hands or using hand sanitizer when you enter the space.
• Clean and disinfect any equipment and tools before and after use. You are also encouraged to clean high-touch areas with a wipe or use isopropyl alcohol to spray down surfaces. High-touch surfaces include the toilet flush lever, the washroom faucet, the top of the soap dispenser, washroom door handles, the front door handles, and the alarm touchscreen.
• There will be PPE equipment in the front foyer, including gloves, wipes, and hand sanitizer. The wipes we have purchased are medical-grade and can kill the COVID-19 virus in 1 minute. If you use gloves be sure to follow proper glove removal protocol.
• There is some risk of transmission when sharing a washroom, although experts advise this risk is very low. Please put the toilet seat down when you flush the toilet.
•All persons are strongly encouraged to continue wearing a mask or face covering which covers the nose, mouth and chin while working in the studio. Feel free to reference the do's and don'ts of mask wearing. This does not apply to removing your mask momentarily to eat or drink. Proper use of masks implies that you wash or disinfect your hands before putting on and after taking off a mask.
• Members are encouraged to maintain a six-foot distance from staff and other members.
• If you have any symptoms of COVID-19 such as fever, cough or difficulty breathing, please do not visit InterAccess. If you have symptoms you should use Ontario’s self assessment tool or contact your health care provider or Telehealth Ontario (1-866-797-0000).
• You are encouraged to download Canada’s COVID Alert app so you can be notified directly if you have been in close contact with someone who was contagious with COVID-19.
Studio Membership Signup
As of June 1st, 2022 InterAccess is now accepting new studio members!
Feel free to pre-purchase your desired membership type below. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase to continue the onboarding process.
Monthly Production Membership
The Monthly Production Membership is suited for artists with a specific project they'd like to work on which will require intensive, short-term use of our studio, equipment, and facilities. Monthly passes begin from the date of purchase. With this pass you receive:
- 24/7 access to the Studio
- Access to tool training during business hours in order to use tools independently
- Note: Some tools are only accessible to Annual Studio Members
Annual Studio Membership
The Annual Studio Access Pass encourages passholders to make full use of InterAccess’s studio space, equipment, and facilities, and to become part of an exciting community of artists, makers, and designers. With this pass you receive:
- 24/7 access to the Studio
- Access to tool training during business hours in order to use tools and equipment independently
- 5-10% discounts at electronics retailer Creatron Inc.
- Reciprocal member pricing on workshops at Toronto Animated Image Society, Trinity Square Video, and Gallery 44.
- Includes all the benefits of the Workshop Discount Pass and Supporting Membership
Studio users have access to our suite of cutting-edge tools and equipment, along with tool-training, to support your artistic practice.
- NextEngine 3D scanner
- 2 Ultimaker 3D printers
- Prusa Mk3 3D printer
- Mosaic Palette
- Prusa SL1 3D resin printer
- Prusa CL1 3D resin cleaning and curing machine
- 2 Oculus Quest 2 headsets
- Oculus Rift SDK
- HTC Vive and Vive pro
- Magic Leap AR headset
- 2 gaming laptops
- 1 gaming tower
- Ricoh Theta V 360-Degree camera
- 36" BOSS Laser Cutter
- Compound microscopes
- Gel electrophoresis kit
- PCR cycler
- Weller soldering irons
- Hot air rework station + nozzle kits
- Reflow Oven for surface mount soldering
- Digital and analog oscilloscopes
- Arduinos and Raspberry Pis
- Electronic components (wires, LEDs, breadboards, resistors and sensors)
- Brother ‘Innovis 40’ sewing machine
- Bernina ‘700D’ serger
- Rigid heddle loom
- Conductive threads
- Vaccum Form Machine
- Drill press
- Table saw
- Band Saw
- Machining mill and lathe
- Audio-Visual equipment
For questions about Open Studio night, Studio Membership, or equipment holdings, please contact our Education department.