InterAccess Digital Artist-In Residence Program
Deadline: Friday, July 20th 2018 (6pm)
InterAccess currently seeks proposals for a digital artist-in residency program. For this digital residency individual artists and collectives are invited to propose a project that will make creative use of digital platforms.
Projects may take a variety of forms including, but not limited to, an online performance, a generative project, live digital coding, a social media takeover, a website or website plug-in, an AR/VR project, software, open-source platform, etc. InterAccess welcomes new ideas and projects that test the limits of the platform.
The selected artist-in-residence will be invited to give a public presentation, performance, workshop, or similar event during their residency.
- In collaboration with the Programming Coordinator and Education Coordinator, establish a workflow for the proposed project
- This residency will take place between August and October 2018
- The residency will culminate with a public presentation or event
- Applications are welcome from Toronto-based artists that have a proven history of incorporating digital technology in their practice
- Must be based in Toronto during residency dates
InterAccess Will Provide
- Studio access during gallery hours, Tuesday-Saturday, 11am-6pm (Wednesday, until 8pm)
- Technical support
- Full scholarship to A-B-Z-TXT workshop from August 22 – 26, 2018 with instructor ---
- $750.00 artist fee + $250.00 public presentation fee
- Participants are selected by a panel composed of InterAccess staff and the Programming Committee on the basis of their submitted proposal and artistic merit
- Applicants will be notified of their status as soon as adjudication is complete, approximately two weeks following the application deadline
- Brief proposal outlining artist-in residence activities (500 words maximum)
- A description of the applicant’s current practice
- Detailed curriculum vitae (3 pages maximum)
- Artist or Collective biography