InterAccess Local Artist-in-Residence Program
Deadline: August 30, 2019
InterAccess is seeking proposals from Toronto-based artists for its Artist-in-Residence program. For this residency, individual artists are invited to propose projects within the following disciplines that harness InterAccess’s studio resources:
- Analog and Digital Electronics
- Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality and Game Development
- 3D Printing & 3D Scanning
- Digital Fabrication
- Projection Mapping
- Audio Visual Equipment
- Textiles, Weaving, and Wearable Technologies
- Bio Art
For more information about available materials and equipment please visit: https://interaccess.org/studio
- The residency will take place between September and December 2019
- In collaboration with InterAccess’s Programming Coordinator and Education & Outreach Coordinator, the Artist-in-Residence will establish a workflow for their project and develop it with the available resources in the studio
- The residency will culminate with a public presentation at InterAccess, which can take shape as an artist lecture, performance, workshop, or other community event.
InterAccess will provide:
- 24/7 studio access and tool training
- Project development support
- $500 Artist Fee, $250 Presentation Fee, and a small production stipend
- Applications are welcome from Toronto-based artists whose work involves the use of new media, technology, or fabrication tools
- The artist must be located in Toronto during the residency term to utilize InterAccess’s space and equipment. Accommodations are not provided.
- Participants will be selected based on artistic merit by a panel comprised of InterAccess staff and members of the Programming Committee and Education Committee
- Applicants will be notified of their status as soon as adjudication is complete, approximately two weeks following the application deadline
- Brief proposal outlining the residency project (500 words maximum)
- A description of the applicant’s current creative practice
- A detailed CV (3 pages maximum)
- Artist biography
Only email submissions will be considered. Please send all documents in a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “InterAccess Artist-in-Residence 2019”.
To assess the suitability of InterAccess’s studio space and resources for the proposed project, applicants are welcome to visit the studio during gallery hours, Tuesday – Sunday (11AM-6PM) and Wednesdays until 8PM, or during Open Studio (Wednesdays 7PM-10PM).
We regret that at this time InterAccess does not have barrier-free access; we are currently working to improve the accessibility of all facilities.
There are five steps up to our main entrance. Once inside all facilities are on the same level, and there is a single-user washroom inside the unit.