Intro to Reality Capture for Virtual Places
This is an introductory workshop to the concepts, techniques and production pipelines involved in the creation of alternative virtual places (AR/VR) through the capturing and transformation of reality. The principles and basic techniques of photogrammetry, photorealistic texturing, volumetric video and theory of spatial audio capture will be covered, and an overview on how to quickly bring them all together into a game engine in order to build virtual spaces (AR/VR). A basic knowledge of 3D asset production, image processing and game engine development (Unity) are recommended. Advanced users are also welcome.
Date: Saturday, July 14, 2018
Time: 11am - 4pm
Registration Fee: $80 Regular, $60 with Studio Access/Workshop Discount Pass
What to bring:
- A recent model Windows or Mac laptop (Windows with a dedicated GPU recommended)
- A recent model Android or iOS mobile device recommended if interested in creating mobile experiences (phone or tablet, preferible a high-end recent model and a cable to connect it to the laptop)
- A digital photo camera (a good quality phone camera is acceptable)
Please download the following software prior to the workshop:
- The workshop will be centred on the Unity game engine (www.unity3d.com), but Unreal Engine (https://www.unrealengine.com) users are also welcome.
- Agisoft Photoscan (a 30 day full functionality trial license can be obtained at: http://www.agisoft.com/downloads/request-trial/)
- Blender 3D creation software (www.blender.org)
About the Instructor: